The Standards Committee promotes transparent and inclusive DLT governance and cooperation via liaison with stakeholders, informs policy and regulatory development through close dialogues with policy-makers and regulators and promotes convergence of standards and policies through cooperation to accelerate deployment for the benefit of society and economies.
• Training/awareness about different standards distinguishing “de facto” and “de iure” standards.
• Consultancy from members to the Standardisation Committee members, identifying the areas of interest for member’s projects and conformance areas. “To train you and be trained by you.”
• Mapping of different standards through different technologies (library in conjunction with EUOS) https://www.standict.eu/euos.
• Contributions in the standard editing areas in different standardisation bodies through the liaisons.
• Coordinate workshops and seminars.
The group is engaging with key topics in the dynamic space of standards. It has a Liaison category A in ISO TC307 and ITU-T. It maintains relationships with core regulatory, standardisation and market stakeholders around the globe. It combines the work of technologists with the know-how of policy makers and subject matter experts in our events and discussion formats. It has achieved significant contributions to the discourse on blockchain standardisation since it started in 2019.