The World in 2050
The Social Impact and Sustainability Working Group works on identifying tools and frameworks to tackle global challenges and ensure a prosperous, sustainable, and equitable world for future generations. Since its inception, it has dedicated most of its efforts to identify projects that generate social impact and address the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through blockchain/DLT applications.
Our mission is to accelerate the fulfillment of the SDGs by bringing clarity and interoperability to blockchain-related tools, frameworks and concepts. We leverage member expertise and networks to identify tools and technologies and make them highly accessible to projects and organizations tackling social and environmental issues, such as climate change, poverty, inequality, food waste, corruption, and other areas covered by the SDGs.
– Our working group includes experts that are engaged and knowledgeable on social impact and sustainability topics, which offers great opportunities for exchange of knowledge in the field.
– Our working group is active and constantly drives new initiatives. In 2021, for example, we published the report “Blockchain for Social Impact” based on a conducted survey.
– We are open to discussing any suggestions team members may have for joint efforts to promote blockchain/DLT projects working on social impact and sustainability.
– Blockchain/DLT technologies have great potential to tackle transparency issues, with regards to sustainability and social impact – being part of our working group offers a chance to enable this potential.
– Being part of our working group offers an opportunity to be part of the transformation towards a more sustainable future empowered by blockchain/DLT technologies.