01 Feb INATBA Awards 2024: Inspiring the Future of Blockchain Excellence
Brussels, February 1, 2024 – The International Association for Trusted Blockchain Applications (INATBA) announced the winners of the 2nd edition of the INATBA Awards, a prestigious ceremony honouring most exciting projects in the blockchain sector for 2024 as well as special awards recipients.
This year’s Awards Gala was held on January 30th, 2024 in the historic Autoworld in Brussels, a venue embodying the fusion of innovation and sustainability, showcasing the evolution of automotive technology towards greater comfort, safety, and environmental consciousness. This venue choice underscored our message: the future of mobility and technology lies in sustainable practices. The Awards Gala was hosted by Inbar Preiss from DLNews, who served as the Mistress of the Ceremony for the evening.
The recipients of the Special Awards by the Board of Directors were:
- Special Award to Prof. Silvio Micali, Founder of Algorand Technologies, for the Contribution to the Blockchain Sector
- Humanitarian Excellence Award to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees for the organization’s outstanding commitment and pioneering use of blockchain technology to address critical challenges in the humanitarian sector.
- Partnership Excellence Award to the EU Blockchain Observatory and Forum in recognition of EUBOF’s outstanding support to the blockchain ecosystem and the INATBA Association.
The Most Exciting Projects of 2024 honoured were:
- Award for Most Exciting Project in ReFi — Grassroots Economics, Kenya
- Award for Most Exciting Project in DeFi — Fireblocks, USA
- Award for Most Exciting Project in Sustainable Innovation — Impact Staking for Refugees, Cardano Foundation & Switzerland for UNHCR, Switzerland
- Award for Most Exciting Project in Corporate Innovation — Dedit.io, Blockchain Italia, Italy
- Award for Most Exciting Project in Learning and Awareness — ERASMUS+ Project CHAISE, University Claude Bernard Lyon 1, France
- Award for Most Exciting Project in Public Sector Innovation — EBSI-VECTOR, Izertis, Spain
- Award for Most Exciting Project in Multiverse — The Sandbox, France
- Award for Most Exciting Company in Crypto-Assets — NYALA Digital Asset AG, Germany
The evening also featured a special keynotes given by Pierre Marro of DG CNECT, Prof. Silvio Micali of Algorand Technologies, and Clara Guerra, Director of the Office for Financial Market Innovation and Digitalisation (SFID) of the Government of the Principality of Liechtenstein, who is also the new Chair of INATBA’s Governmental Advisory Board.
Launched in 2019 by the European Commission, INATBA – International Association for Trusted Blockchain Applications is a highly influential Association in promoting Blockchain and DLT adoption in Europe and globally. INATBA is mainly known for its credibility with regulatory authorities and policymakers and is appraised for its contributions to Markets in Crypto Asset Regulation (MICA), Transfer of Funds Regulation (TFOR), electronic Identification, Authentication and Trust Services (eIDAS), CHAISE Project, EU Pact for Skills, Academic & Governmental Advisory Bodies, and its passionate diverse global community of CEOs, CTOs, Heads of Policy, Public/Institutional Relations, Legal, Marketing & BizDev, Developers, Policymakers. To learn more, visit www.inatba.org.