Education Working Group
The purpose of the Working Group is to identify and provide recommendations on the definition and standardisation of blockchain education, both on an academic and professional level.
The WG has agreed on three objectives around which it will carry out its annual work:
- - Build on its report published in February 2021, guiding the educational delivery strategy for blockchain
- - Release a quantitative mapping of classical education institutions with blockchain programming across 50 jurisdictions
- - Conduct a qualitative mapping of the current institutions by holding interviews with the institutions and evaluate their alignment with the guidelines provided in the report
- In February 2021, they released a position paper and convened a follow-up roundtable with seven expert panellists on the topic of blockchain education. They are contributing to a body of work on mapping classical education institutions with blockchain programmes using quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- The Working Group also responded to the European Union's Consultation on a Digital Decade and is active in the CHAISE program scope of work.
Why is it essential?
Blockchain and its applications require expert knowledge to ensure successful implementation across society. Knowledge ensures the correct and most suitable applications of blockchain. Accordingly, structured educational programs can guarantee the necessary academic content helps prepare the current and future generation of decision-makers.
Further, any new global technology needs mass adoption. We can only achieve mass adoption if ALL participants support international education and education standards.
Organisations such as universities, the European Parliament, NGOs and foundations are running pilots to use blockchain within education. These use cases could have a significant impact on education, which could create mass adoption. The knowledge acquired from these pilots and implemented solutions should be shared with other organisations across the educational market, such that everybody can learn the lessons learned from these initiatives.